A CSE education has been transformational in the lives of four international religious Sisters. These women, of several different Catholic orders, left their native countries to pursue degrees at CSE that will enhance their ability to serve those in need.
Read Their Stories
The Sociology Program offers a B.A. in Sociology, a minor in Sociology, a minor in Women's Studies and a concentration in Social Work. The program teaches technical knowledge and skills as well as the theory guiding the sociological imagination. Students work with diverse groups of people through internships, service learning, and field trips, preparing each student to better understand society, social behavior, and the forces of societal change operating around us. Based in the liberal arts tradition, our students are also versed in the literature and ethical guidelines of the field.
1. Small classes with dedicated and experienced faculty who have real world experience
2. Capstone project gives each student the chance to present original work and build a portfolio
3. Internship opportunities with DYFS, Morris County Prosecutor’s Office, the Alzheimer's Association
1. Courses taught by professionals who are currently working in the Social Work field
2. Daytime and evening classes provide flexibility in scheduling
3. Classes keep abreast of the latest programs, policies, and issues related to the field of social work
1. The Leadership Program sponsors an annual conference each Spring
2. Students often take Women's Studies courses at neighboring Drew University
3. Students have been sponsored to attend the Women in Leadership and the National Organization for Women Young Leaders Conferences
Santa Maria Hall 14
Santa Maria Hall 43